• Be a resident of Kaua’i County and be of Filipino Ancestry.
• Be a graduating senior from any public or private high school in Kaua‘i, and must be in good academic standing.
• Have been accepted into any four year accredited College/University or Junior College/
WINNERS MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF ACCEPTANCE.
• Must have maintained a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average (B average) on a 4.0 scale. Applicant must submit a current official transcript of grades and SAT or ACT scores with this
(Only 4 year College/University Level applicants need to submit SAT or ACT scores).
• Applicants must demonstrate a financial need. Student must have applied for FAFSA.
Student Aid Report (SAR) must be submitted with this application.
Academic Achievements and Leadership
• Honors, extra-curricular activities such as student government, sports, various committees,
organizations, and school-sanctioned clubs.
• Scouts, part-time work, volunteer work, etc.
ESSAY OR PERSONAL STATEMENT
• An essay or personal statement (minimum of 400 words) on why you are applying for a
scholarship. Must be typewritten.
TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
• Letters from teachers, employers, ministers or any non-related individuals who can attest to
applicant’s character and potential.