Blessing Held for Puhi Road Project

//Blessing Held for Puhi Road Project

Blessing Held for Puhi Road Project

county-of-kauai

Blessing held for Puhi Road project

A blessing was held on Monday afternoon to mark the start of the first phase of the Puhi Road rehabilitation project, which will span from Kaumuali‘i Highway to Kaneka Street.
The $3.6 million project will include full-depth reconstruction using Portland cement to support the heavy truck traffic on the roadway. The project also includes the installation of sidewalks and bike lanes, as well as drainage improvements.
The Federal Highway Administration is providing 80 percent of the funding for this project through the Hawai‘i Department of Transportation Statewide Transportation Improvement Program; the remaining 20 percent is funded through the county’s highway and bond funds.
The general contractor is Drayko Construction, Inc., while construction management is being handled by Bow Construction Management Inc. The design work was done by R.M. Towill Corporation.
Other companies involved in this project include: Aloha Steel, Corp.; Cushnie Construction Company, Inc.; Kaua‘i Nursery & Landscaping, Inc.; and Pacific Preferred Contractors Corp.
The project will kick into high gear with one lane of Puhi Road closed at all times for four months starting on June 23. During that time, only southbound traffic traveling away from Kaumuali‘i Highway will be allowed on Puhi Road. Traffic leaving the Puhi Industrial Park will be directed to take a detour that follows Kaneka Street and Nuhou Street to Kaumuali‘i Highway.
The project is expected to be completed early next year weather permitting.
Anyone with questions can call Drayko Construction at 808-206-0162.
By | 2016-11-10T05:40:34+00:00 May 15th, 2016|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave a Reply