HDOA Aquaponics Workshop
11/13/2014 1pm to 3pm
Lihue Neighborhood Center
3353 Eono St., Lihue, HI 96766
With funding from the USDA Federal-State Marketing Improvement Program, HDOA will host five workshops on Oahu, Maui, Kauai, Big Island and Molokai on the growth potential of aquaponics industry in Hawaii. HDOA hopes to equip aspiring new aquaponic farmers with knowledge in key areas including wholesaler’s feedback. Existing aquaponic farmers may find the information helpful as well. The workshops are free and open to the public. Below are details of the workshop to be held on Kauai.
- The number of aquaponic farms in Hawaii and the state of their profitability
- The state of market acceptance of aquaponic products
- What are the hot products to grow and sell?
- Food safety
- Packaging and branding
- How to pitch to investors
- The state of aquaculture in the U.S. and the world
- Q&A session
Contact Person for Workshop Registration
Economic Development Specialist
Aquaculture & Livestock Support Services