Free transit for North and Westside residents
Registration is now open for the 6th annual Mayor-a-thon, an event that draws hundreds of people to Ke Ala Hele Makalae, the multi-use coastal path, for a day of fun, exercise, and a chance to win great prizes.
This free, Zero Waste event is scheduled on Saturday, June 21. Check-in will start at 7:15 a.m. at the Kapa‘a Beach Park, and the Mayor-a-thon begins at 8 a.m.
Anyone who would like to participate must pre-register online at www.getfitkauai.com to walk, run or bike one, two, four, six, or eight miles.
The deadline to sign-up for the Mayor-a-thon is midnight Thursday, June 19.
Participants are encouraged to register early as t-shirts will be given to the first 600 people that sign up. Everyone that registers has a chance to win a bicycle and a two-night stay at the Kaua’i Marriott Beach Resort and Spa, although you must be present to win. There will also be games, door prizes, live music,as well as a free, healthy breakfast.
Free bus service will be provided. Pick-up times for the Westside bus are scheduled at the following times and bus stop locations:
- Kekaha Neighborhood Center – 6:15 a.m.
- Waimea Athletic Field – 6:20 a.m.
- Hanapēpē Multi-Purpose Building – 6:30 a.m.
- Kalāheo Post Office – 6:40 a.m.
- Kukui Grove Center – 6:55 a.m.
- Return trip from the Kapa‘a Public Library – 11 a.m.
Bus stop locations and pick-up times for the North Shore bus are scheduled as follows:
- Hanalei Center – 6:30 a.m.
- Across from the Princeville Library – 6:35 a.m.
- Kīlauea Gym – 6:45 a.m.
- Across from the Anahola Post Office – 7 a.m.
- Return trip from the Kapa‘a Public Library – 11:06 a.m. on Bus #500
“We are grateful for the outpouring of support from our sponsors and partners that help to make the Mayor-a-thon a continued success for our community,” said organizer Bev Brody with Get Fit Kaua’i.
If you need an ASL interpreter, materials in an alternate format, or other auxiliary aid support, please contact Brody at 212-4765 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven days before the event.