The Kaua‘i County Housing Agency Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program announced it will be accepting applications for its Section 8 HCV waiting list starting at 8 a.m. this Wednesday, May 15, according to a county news release.
Applications will be accepted online at https://www.waitlistcheck.com/application/form.php?ID=795-HI005.
If computer access is unavailable, you may apply online by appointment at the following locations:
- Catholic Charities Hawai‘i, 241-4673, 3016 Umi Street, Līhu‘e;
- Family Life Center, 212-0850, 3016 Umi Street, # 206, Līhu‘e;
- Kaua‘i Economic Opportunity, 245-1873, 4530 Kali Road, Līhu‘e;
- Malama Pono, 246-9577, 4366 Kukui Grove St, #205, Līhu‘e;
- Mental Health Kōkua, 632-0466, 3205 Akahi Street, Līhu‘e;
- Section 8 Office, 241-4440, 4444 Rice Street, #303, Līhu‘e; and
- Women in Need, 245-1996, 3136A Elua Street, Līhu‘e.
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program provides rental assistance to very-low-income families.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Section 8 HCV Program. Eligible applicants will be selected for the waiting list using a random lottery system. Applying for the waiting list is free of charge and the Housing Agency cautions applicants against individuals or companies offering application assistance for a fee. These individuals or companies are not affiliated with the Housing Agency and should be considered a scam or fraudulent.
Information and updates regarding the Section 8 HCV Program and the waiting list can be obtained online at www.kauai.gov/housing or by calling the Kaua‘i County Housing Agency Section 8 HCV Program at 808-241-4440.
If you need an ASL interpreter, materials in an alternate format, or other auxiliary aid support, or an interpreter for a language other than English, you may contact the Housing Agency at 241-4444.