Kaua‘i Bus passes to be available at Big Save, Times Supermarkets locations islandwide
Starting on Thursday, June 21, Times Supermarkets will be selling monthly Kaua‘i Bus passes at its Big Save and Times Supermarkets locations islandwide.
Monthly Kaua‘i Bus passes will continue to be available for sale at Menehune Food Mart locations in Kīlauea, Kapahi, and Kekaha.
“The Short Range Transportation Plan outlines the need for expansion of bus pass sales in the community,” said Mayor Bernard Carvalho Jr. “Mahalo to Times Supermarkets as well as our county team for making this possible for all of our bus riders.”
A monthly bus pass may be purchased for $40 via cash transactions only.
Hours of operation for stores are as follows:
· Times Līhu‘e – 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily
· Big Save ‘Ele‘ele – 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily
· Big Save Hanalei – 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
· Big Save Kapa‘a – 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily
· Big Save Kōloa – 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily
· Big Save Waimea – 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily
· Kīlauea Menehune Food Mart – 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday; 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
· Kapahi Menehune Food Mart – 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily
· Kekaha Menehune Food Mart – 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
Additionally, monthly bus passes are available for sale at the Līhu’e Civic Center, Kapulē Building, Treasury Division, Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., except on holidays.
In addition to a one-month pass, an annual bus pass for $400 may be purchased at The Kaua’i Bus office located on Ho‘olako Street, in Līhu‘e, across from police headquarters.
For more information about The Kaua’i Bus, please visit to the county website www.kauai.gov or call 246-8110.