January 16, 2018 to January 17, 2018 6:00 pm
Puhi Theatrical Warehouse
4411 Kikowaena St, Lihue, HI 96766
Tuesday, Jan 16th 6-8 PM &
Wednesday, Jan 17th 6-8 PM
Call Backs – Saturday, Jan 20th 11 AM
Audition Location: Puhi Theatrical Warehouse
Rehearsals to begin end of January. Performances are Thurs, Fri & Sat at 7pm and Sun at 4m March 30-Arpil 15.
The story: When CB’s dog dies from rabies, CB begins to question the existence of an afterlife. His best friend is too burnt out to provide any coherent speculation; his sister has gone goth; his ex-girlfriend has recently been institutionalized; and his other friends are too inebriated to give him any sort of solace. But a chance meeting with an artistic kid, the target of this group’s bullying, offers CB a peace of mind and sets in motion a friendship that will push teen angst to the very limits. Drug use, suicide, eating disorders, teen violence, rebellion and sexual identity collide and careen toward an ending that’s both haunting and hopeful.
R-Rated; Not for everyone.
· CB is the main character in the play. He is intensely saddened over the death of his dog, and is forced to question both his sexuality, and his social status when he unwittingly falls for his classmate Beethoven.
· CB’s Sister has gone goth, at least for a portion of the play. It is mentioned that, like her character basis, she changes her philosophy on life often. Her other personas during the course of the play are scripted as thug (called “gansta-bitch” in the script), and hippie.
· Van, always the philosopher in childhood, is now a pothead with a worldview to match. He repeatedly attempts to pursue a sexual relationship with CB’s Sister.
· Matt is a pathological germophobe whose dirtiness has been internalized – he’s sex-obsessed and homophobic, and terrorizes Beethoven mercilessly. He is also a football player, and is CB’s best friend.
· Beethoven became the school outcast prior to events in the play when it was revealed that he was sexually abused by his father. A bit of a recluse, Beethoven takes solace in playing the piano, but when he and CB become romantically involved, his world is turned upside down.
· Tricia, a party girl, who professes herself to be “Pretty” and “Popular”. Though never spoken outright in the play, the general consensus is that her last name is York.
· Marcy, a party girl and Tricia’s sidekick. She has a threesome with Tricia and Matt during the play.
· Van’s Sister has been institutionalized for setting the Little Red-Haired Girl’s hair on fire.