The Kaua‘i Bus announces use of new, relocated bus shelters beginning April 22
In an effort to improve overall service to the public, The Kaua‘i Bus has announced the use of nine new bus shelters, to include several bus stops being relocated with the new shelters, starting April 22.
“The inclusion of these new bus shelters, with relocation of a portion of these stops, will benefit our customers who rely on the services of The Kaua‘i Bus,” said Mayor Derek S. K. Kawakami.
The nine new/relocated bus shelters are located at the following locations:
1. Kealia Beach – (makai side of Kūhiō Highway, Hanalei bound)
2. Kealia Beach – (mauka side of Kūhiō Highway, Līhu‘e bound). The bus stop has moved 200 feet towards Līhu‘e
3. Kapahi Food Mart – (150 feet from the intersection from Awa‘a Place/Kawaihau Road.).
4. Kapa‘a Library – (fronting the Kapa‘a Library on Kūhiō Highway, Hanalei bound).
5. Kapa‘a Skate Park – (in the park, next to the skate facility)
6. Waipouli Beach Resort – (bus stop replaces the old Kapa‘a Missionary Church bus stop). Shelter is located 120 feet from the intersection of the Kaua‘i Village Shopping Center on Kūhiō Highway, Hanalei bound
7. Kealaula – (120 feet from the intersection of Waialo Road/Okapu Street)
8. Waimea Athletic Field – (stop replaces the old Waimea Athletic Field stop within the parking lot). Shelter is located on the mauka side of Kaumuali‘i Highway, Kekaha bound
9. Waimea Athletic Field – (stop replaces the old Waimea Athletic Field stop within the parking lot.) Shelter is located on the makai side of Kaumuali‘i Highway, Līhu‘e bound.