WILCOX MEDICAL CENTER INVITES FAMILIES TO 2017 KAUAʻI KEIKI BIKE & SAFETY DAY
Wilcox Medical Center is partnering with several community organizations to present the 2017 Kaua‘i Keiki Bike & Safety Day, a free safety education event for kids and families. It will be held Saturday, May 6, from 8 to 11 a.m. at Wilcox Medical Center.
Keiki are invited to collect stamps to enter a free drawing for a new bike or skateboard. A variety of safety education and activity stations will be offered including:
- Helmet fit station, where Wilcox will be fitting and giving away dual certified helmets to keiki, while supplies last.
- Bicycle skills enhancement course conducted by Kaua‘i Path.
- Skateboard skills enhancement course, where Kaua‘i Skate ‘Ohana will give tips and demonstrations on skateboard skills and proper use of safety gear.
- Bike and skateboard safety inspection stations, where Kaua‘i Skate ‘Ohana and Kaua‘i Cycle will inspect bikes and skateboards to make sure they are operating safe.
- Helmet decorating station, where keiki can make their free helmets their own.
The event is made possible with the support of many community partners including AlohaCare, American Medical Response, Boy Scouts, FM 97, Hawai‘i Department of Transportation, Hawai‘i Life Flight, HMSA, Kaua‘i Cycle, Kaua‘i Medical Reserve Corps, Kaua‘i Path, Kaua‘i Skate ‘Ohana, KQNG Radio Group, Lions Club, The Garden Island, Tyri Inc. and United Healthcare.
Registration is requested for this event and is available online atWilcoxHealth.org/BikeandSafety or by calling 245-1198.