The Kaua‘i County Housing Agency is urging Kaua‘i County residents to participate in a Needs Study that will help the county maintain eligibility for funding assistance and other federal programs that support housing, homelessness and community development, according to a county news release.

“The Kaua‘i County Housing Agency is requesting your input and support through a Needs Survey as we coordinate the planning, development, and submission of the 5-year Consolidated Plan for the County of Kaua‘i,” said Housing Agency Acting Director Steve Franco. “The Consolidated Plan is a 5-year plan (2020-2025) required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).”

Residents may visit click on the “KCHA Consolidated Plan Needs Survey” link complete the survey online. You may fill out a hard copy in person at the County of Kaua‘i Housing Agency, located in the Līhu‘e Civic Center.

All completed surveys must be received by June 24, 2019, either via mail to the Kaua‘i County Housing Agency, Attn: Kerri Barros, 4444 Rice Street, Suite 330, Līhu‘e, HI 96766; via email to; or the online survey above.

HUD’s approval of the Consolidated Plan will help the County to maintain its eligibility for funding assistance under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program and other federal programs.

“Preserving CDBG eligibility is essential for allowing non-profit organizations and government agencies to have continued access to CDBG funds to carry out actions that can help address Kaua‘i’s priority needs,” said Franco.

The Consolidated Plan addresses three key areas of need: housing, homelessness, and community development. The Needs Survey is being distributed to service providers, human service agencies, government, business leaders and community stakeholders. Responses will be tabulated along with input received through consultations and public hearings. Collectively, this data will assist in forming the basis for establishing needs, priorities and goals for the next 5-year Consolidated Plan.

For more information, please contact the Housing Agency at 241-4444.

If you need an ASL interpreter, materials in an alternate format, or other auxiliary aid support, or an interpreter for a language other than English, please call 241-4444 or email by June 14, 2019.


Discover more from ForKauaiOnline

Subscribe to get the latest posts to your email.