KAUA‘I HABITAT FOR HUMANITY ANNOUNCES IT’S NOT TOO LATE FOR INTERESTED APPLICANTS TO REGISTER FOR MANDATORY ORIENTATION MEETINGS FROM FEBRUARY 22 THROUGH MARCH 8
Kaua‘i Habitat for Humanity today urged those interested in applying for homeownership in the upcoming Phase II of `Ele`ele Iluna Subdivision to call the office and register to attend a mandatory orientation meeting about the Habitat process and details on the subdivision project. “Our office has been experiencing technical challenges recently with website, phone, and email,” reported Executive Director Stephen Spears. “We apologize for any inconvenience this caused. All issues have now been resolved, and we wanted to let the community know that it’s not too late to register for an upcoming meeting.”
Home construction is slated for Fall 2014. Individuals who are interested in the program and meet the guidelines listed below, should call the office at: 335-0296 ext. 117 or 111 to register for one of the mandatory orientation meetings that will be held in February and March around the island. INTERESTED HOUSEHOLDS MUST CALL AND BE REGISTERED TO BE ABLE TO COME TO THE MEETING AND RECEIVE AN APPLICATION FOR HOUSING.
Meeting Dates, Places & Times:
- Saturday, 02/22/14 12:00-6:00pm Kalaheo School Cafeteria
- Monday, 02/24/14 5:00-8:00pm `Ele`ele School Cafeteria
- Saturday, 03/01/14 8:30-11:30am Chiefess Kamakahelei Cafeteria (Lihue)
- Wednesday, 03/05/14 6:00-9:00pm Chiefess Kamakahelei Cafeteria (Lihue)
- Saturday, 03/08/14 8:00am-2:00pm Waimea Canyon School Cafeteria
Guidelines to become a Habitat partner family:
1. You must be a “first time homeowner”, meaning that you have NOT owned a home in the last 3 years.
2. Your “Total” gross family income must be between 30% and 80% of Kaua`i Median Income (see chart below). Note, “Total” gross income means the income from all people that will be living in the house who are over the age of 18.
3. You (household members) must be willing to partner, in good faith, with Kaua`i Habitat to build your home & put in at least 700 hours of sweat equity.
4. You must have sufficient income after your debt & bills to be able to make the mortgage payment on your home. See chart below for the estimated purchase price of these homes.
As of December 18, 2013, suggested allowable gross income to qualify is:
|Not Less Than 30% of Kauai’s Median Income||$19,100||$21,800||$24,550||$27,250||$29,450||$31,650||$33,800||$36,000|
|Not More Than 80% of Kauai’s Median Income||$50,850||$58,100||$65,350||$72,600||$78,450||$84,250||$90,050||$95,850|
Size and Estimated Cost of Homes:
|Size of Home||2 Bedroom/1 Bath||3 Bedroom/1.5 Bath||4 Bedroom/2 Bath|
Kaua‘i Habitat for Humanity is pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.