KIUC Board Election Ballots Coming; Candidate Forum Set for Feb. 17
Ballots will be mailed starting February 16 for the 2016 Kaua‘i Island Utility Cooperative (KIUC) Board of Directors election. The deadline to vote is March 12.
The five candidates are, in alphabetical order:
- Carol Bain of Puhi, a member of community boards and an incumbent KIUC director.
- Hermina M. Morita of Hanalei, a former state representative and a former chair of the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission.
- Calvin K. Murashige of Līhu‘e, a retired judge and an incumbent KIUC director.
- William D. Peterson of Kapaʻa, a retired information technology professional.
- Jan TenBruggencate of Līhu‘e, a journalist and incumbent KIUC director currently serving as chairman of the board.
The five candidates are running for three seats on the nine-member board. Directors serve three-year terms.
Members should look for their election packets in the mail after February 16. Members can vote by paper ballot, phone or online.
A candidates’ forum will be held on Wednesday, February 17 at 5:30 p.m. at Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School, hosted by Apollo Kaua‘i and Malama Kaua‘i. The forum is scheduled to air live on KKCR-FM 91.9 and on a delayed broadcast on Ho‘ike Kaua‘i Community Television.