The candidates are, in alphabetical order:
- Karen S. Baldwin of Princeville, an estate planning attorney and incumbent KIUC director.
- Stewart V. Burley of Lawai Valley, principal at Strategic Theories Unlimited and a former member of the KIUC board.
- Harold J. Dias Jr. of Kapaʻa, international representative for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
- Dennis Esaki of Kapaʻa, owner of Esaki Surveying and a former chair of the KIUC board.
- Patrick Gegen of Kalāheo, principal with P.S. Gegen Consulting and an incumbent KIUC director.
- Jan Kimura of Kīlauea, self-employed and a member of the Kauaʻi Planning Commission.
- William D. Peterson of Kapaʻa, a retired information technology professional.
- Dennis James Rowley of Hanapepe, a semi-retired high technology professional.
The eight candidates are running for three seats on the Board of Directors.
A director is one of nine elected representatives of the members of KIUC. The Board of Directors governs the business of KIUC and sets the strategic direction and policies of the cooperative.
Members should look for their election packets in the mail after February 18. Members can vote by paper ballot, phone or online. If you have any questions or would like additional information please go to www.kiuc.coop or call 246.4383.